It included information and instructions on
- Nathan's feeding schedule, including how many calories he needed, how often he should be fed, and how much to give him at each feeding.
- His follow-up appointments, including the doctors or clinics he needed to see (there were 6) and when he needed to be scheduled.
- His list of medications (there were 12), including how much to give and how often.
- Restrictions on Nathan's activity (he wasn't supposed to go anywhere public, except the doctor's office, for at least 3-6 months).
- And other instructions and things to watch for regarding fevers, oxygen needs, blood pressure, issues with too much vomiting, and too few wet diapers per day.
It was a lot to take in. Thank goodness they write it all down for you!
And with that, we were given the OK to leave. We were officially discharged from the NICU!